Some of you may have already been watching the auctions over at NHL Auctions last night. For those of you that were not, here is what you missed:
The jersey that T.J. Oshie wore during the 2nd, 3rd, Overtime and Shootout periods in the game against Russia fetched $23,050.00. Of course, this was the game where we saw Oshie take shot after shot after shot in the shoot out, putting in 4 of 6 attempts to lift Team USA to the win.
It was definitely a fun game to watch (for those of us that did), but this invokes us to ask some questions based on a few points:
- According to the stats we dug up, Oshie was awarded 1 goal on his stat sheet for the shootout game winning goal. Throughout the Olympics, Oshie registered one goal, this goal.
- Phil Kessel had a hat trick in the Slovenia game. Two Goals in the first, One goal in the second.
- Kessel also is listed as the scoring leader for Team USA with 6 goals.
- Kessel’s Slovenia Warm-up & First period jersey sold for $1,525.00 and his 2nd & 3rd period jersey for $1,464.00.
- Is Oshie’s shootout against Russia the most memorable moment of Team USA in the 2014 Olympics?
- Is a shoot out game winning goal more important than a hat trick?
- Is the caliber of teams the most important?
And don’t forget about some of the currently active team auctions:
2013-14 Syracuse Crunch Home White (Ends 4/23/14)
2013-14 Syracuse Crunch Road Blue (Ends 4/23/14)
2013-14 Syracuse Crunch Third Orange (Ends 4/23/14)
2013-14 Syracuse Crunch Third White (Ends 4/23/14)
2013-14 Syracuse Crunch Warm-up (Ends 4/23/14)