Four more prizes have been added to the 2017 Game Worn Expo Raffle.
- 1st Period game used puck against the Chicago Blackhawks on 2/10/17.
- OT game used puck against the Detroit Red Wings on 12/6/16.
- Winnipeg Jets Hockey Fights Cancer T-Shirt a worn by #91 Burmistrov.
- Winnipeg Jets goalie practice jersey worn by #1 Olkinuora.
To purchase tickets for the raffle, use the link on our Game Worn Expo Raffle article or email us to arrange for alternate payment methods.
Sean Broderick is a renowned jersey collector who focuses on goalies, specifically Vezina winning years. He is planning on bringing some amazing hockey history to the 2017 Game Worn Expo in Chicago and we wanted to let you know in advance, some of the incredible pieces you will be able to see!
Pictured above: 1957 Jacques Plante – worn during 1957 Stanley Cup Finals and matched to Cup-winning ceremony
1969-71 Terry Sawchuk/Gilles Villemure. Matched to both Sawchuk’s last year in the NHL (died in 1970) and Villemure’s Vezina-winning year, where he shared the award with Ed Giacomin.
1972-73 Ken Dryden – worn during second half of the year, including Stanley Cup Finals. Matched to multiple photos against Chicago in the Finals
1972-74 Doug Favell/Bernie Parent – worn by Favell in 72-73 then by Parent in 73-74. Very rare white nameplate that was used for TV games and only year it was used until the 08-09 season, if I remember correctly. Worn in regular season and first couple rounds of playoffs, where Flyers won their first Stanley Cup
1981-83 Billy Smith – worn during the playoffs of his 81-82 Vezina campaign and throughout the 82-83 season. Worn in two Stanley Cup Finals series and matched to both series. Also match to 82-83 celebration.
1984-85 Pelle Lindbergh – worn throughout most of the regular season and matched to multiple games. Pelle led the Flyers to the Finals that year and won his only Vezina. Died in November of 85.
87-88 Grant Fuhr – worn during part of the regular season and into the Stanley Cup Finals. Matched to Game 4 of the Finals when the lights went out in Boston.
We hope you are able to make it to the expo to enjoy some of this fantastic hockey history with us!
Collectors can now purchase tickets for the 2017 Game Worn Expo Global Raffle.
The global raffle is open to all collectors, not just those attending the expo. The cost of raffle tickets is $5 each, 5 for $20, and an extra ticket for each $20 increment afterward. Winners of items pay actual shipping for the item which will be collected after notification of winning. Raffle drawing will be performed live at the expo and technology permitting, live streamed.
The current list of prizes for the global raffle are as follows (More may be added):
2017 Chicago Game Worn Expo, April 8th, 2017 at Joe’s on Weed St.
10) This is a one-off pop-up event. This event has never happened and will never happen again. It was selected because:
9) Its over Frozen Four weekend. This gives you another great hockey event to attend while you are in the great city of:
8) Chicago. Whether you have been there or not, there is always something to see or do like
7) Whirlyball with collectors on the night before the expo. This interesting game was recommended by one of our
6) Collectors native to the Chicago area. These collectors will know all the best spots and recommendations in their city which will be helpful to our
5) Overseas collectors. Its not often that you will have the opportunity to meet so many collectors from overseas in person, luckily many of them will be attending the expo as well as other great
4) Vendors. With great vendors like Detroit Hockey Company and MeiGray and more, there will be plenty of opportunities to meet the great people that bring us great items like the ones found in our
3) Raffle. There will be a global raffle and an attendance only raffle which attendees can put their tickets in the bucket they would like throughout the event, including
2) Lunch. A great BBQ lunch spread will be included in the ticket price of the expo. Expos can be long and often span over lunch time. Instead of fending for yourself, you can enjoy a great meal with all the other
1) Attendees. There was plenty of notice for this pop-up event allowing the maximum amount of opportunity for collectors from all over the world to attend this great event.
You can register today for the expo and book your hotel. You can even stay on top of all the new expo news on Facebook.
One of our collectors has set up a facebook group to help organize room splitting for the 2017 Game Worn Expo Chicago. This will allow registrants that need hotels to double up on occupancy to save some expenses on the weekend.
Make your hotel reservations via the link below only, at the Le Meridian Hotel, in Oak Brook, IL, 20 minutes from the expo venue.
We will be car pooling to and from the hotel.
New prizes are being added to the 2017 Game Worn Expo prize list continuously. These prizes are being donated by great companies and collectors. After the costs of the expo are covered, the proceeds will begin to be allocated to various charities.
Recently, Dylan Larkin’s Stadium Series pants have been added to the raffle. Raffle tickets will be going on sale at least 30 days prior to the show. If you would like to be a contributor to the raffle, please contact us to make arrangements.
We recently stopped in at Joe’s on Weed St in Chicago where the 2017 Game Worn Jersey Expo will be held on April 8th over frozen four weekend so we can bring you more exciting information and pictures regarding the venue. Registration for the event is currently open for early registration until December 31st.
When you enter Joe’s, there is a hallway in the back of the restaurant area to lead you to our reserved banquet area. Above is the view you will see coming from the hallway. Straight ahead, you can see one of the bars in the venue with TVs overhead.
This will be the main show area where the tables are set up. The configuration for the show will be different based on the number of tables reserved, but you can imagine the possibilities. You can see the stage and projection screens across the area that we will attempt to utilize during the show.
In order to reserve a block of rooms at this negotiated price, we will need to know how many people need rooms and over which days (some are staying the weekend while others are staying the night).
Emails are being sent to collectors who have already registered and elected to receive hotel information. If you would like to make sure you are counted in the number to block off rooms, make sure you register.