Last night on Game Worn Radio, we opened up the banter to suggestions. What resulted was a lengthy discussion on whether or not to wear your game worn jerseys.
Eventually we ended up talking about the Chicago Expo in April and the increase in special event jerseys among lower level teams.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |
For those that have been following Game Worn Radio or are interested in calling in to the show, we will be returning this Monday at 9PM ET after a couple weeks off due to scheduling conflicts.
This will be an open mic night, most likely with a decent amount of discussion about the upcoming expo in Chicago. If you have any questions or comments about the expo, or there is something you would like discussed about the hobby, let us know!
These days, special event and warm-up jerseys are everywhere. There are some teams that will wear 6 or more special event jerseys in a year, creating themed nights around the jerseys, while we see in the NHL, special warm-up jerseys worn by the teams for various causes.
What are some of your favorite and hated special even jerseys?
Collectors can now purchase tickets for the 2017 Game Worn Expo Global Raffle.
The global raffle is open to all collectors, not just those attending the expo. The cost of raffle tickets is $5 each, 5 for $20, and an extra ticket for each $20 increment afterward. Winners of items pay actual shipping for the item which will be collected after notification of winning. Raffle drawing will be performed live at the expo and technology permitting, live streamed.
The current list of prizes for the global raffle are as follows (More may be added):
2017 Chicago Game Worn Expo, April 8th, 2017 at Joe’s on Weed St.
10) This is a one-off pop-up event. This event has never happened and will never happen again. It was selected because:
9) Its over Frozen Four weekend. This gives you another great hockey event to attend while you are in the great city of:
8) Chicago. Whether you have been there or not, there is always something to see or do like
7) Whirlyball with collectors on the night before the expo. This interesting game was recommended by one of our
6) Collectors native to the Chicago area. These collectors will know all the best spots and recommendations in their city which will be helpful to our
5) Overseas collectors. Its not often that you will have the opportunity to meet so many collectors from overseas in person, luckily many of them will be attending the expo as well as other great
4) Vendors. With great vendors like Detroit Hockey Company and MeiGray and more, there will be plenty of opportunities to meet the great people that bring us great items like the ones found in our
3) Raffle. There will be a global raffle and an attendance only raffle which attendees can put their tickets in the bucket they would like throughout the event, including
2) Lunch. A great BBQ lunch spread will be included in the ticket price of the expo. Expos can be long and often span over lunch time. Instead of fending for yourself, you can enjoy a great meal with all the other
1) Attendees. There was plenty of notice for this pop-up event allowing the maximum amount of opportunity for collectors from all over the world to attend this great event.
You can register today for the expo and book your hotel. You can even stay on top of all the new expo news on Facebook.