Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE - Jersey RECOVERED

Jersey recovered!
    Last edited by iceman13; 01-03-2016, 02:12 PM.

Any details on how/where the jersey was stolen? And yes, I will keep my eyes open for it.
    My feedback Looking for University of Michigan, former Wolverines and Red Wings jerseys.

Comment

Whats happens in this situation for the buyer.Is he covered somehow?

Unlike paypal buyers protection,in this situation where bank checks or money orders were used for payment,is there any recourse here for the buyer. Does the merchant have to make good if the jersey is not recovered?

Very good questions indeed.

Comment

Does the Post office / UPS / FedEx (whoever) know or have record of who signed for the delivery?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          Does the Post office / UPS / FedEx (whoever) know or have record of who signed for the delivery?

There was no signature. No one was at home at the time to sign. At the driver's discretion, UPS left the package on the front porch. No signature was required by the shipper.

Comment

Originally posted by iceman13 View Post

There was no signature. No one was at home at the time to sign. At the driver's discretion, UPS left the package on the front porch. No signature was required by the shipper.
            How long do you have to wait until you are able to start the insurance claim?

Comment

That's too bad and I hate hearing these stories! I was watching a special on the news about bands of thief's who basically follow the UPS truck around on his route and pick up any packages left on doorsteps. Pretty bad thing this season, worse than previous year they were saying. They highlighted a guy who got even and packed a box of dog-crap, made look like a delivery for the thief's to grab and rip open. HA!

Comment

Did game worn insure it for full purchase price?

Comment

Originally posted by ds760 View Post
                  Did game worn insure it for full purchase price?

Yes, they did insure it. I am waiting for the insurance claim to be paid. Hopefully, that will be done next week.

Comment

Due to the incredible honesty and kindness of a local collector and to this forum, I was able to recover my stolen jersey last night. My thanks and gratitude to that collector and to Derek/this forum.
                    Cheese Thunder and Paul like this.

Comment

Originally posted by iceman13 View Post
                      Due to the incredible honesty and kindness of a local collector and to this forum, I was able to recover my stolen jersey last night. My thanks and gratitude to that collector and to Derek/this forum.
                      This is great - almost never hear of one of these working out this way. How did another collector find the stolen jersey or know who stole it and how did the cops find nab the guy? Pretty interesting outcome. Does your jersey now become evidence for the court case? Do you have to appear in court for this? I put a note up on another thread about insurance and signature acceptance. The post office changed their policy with insurance and signature. Used to be over $200 needed a signature or the driver would scan and leave box on doorstep. Now this amount is over $500 where signature is required. So $500.01 needs a signature, $500.00 the driver will scan and leave the box. Be careful with this when shipping our own stuff. Great news!!

Comment

Working...
                      X